August 31, 2020
Dear Faith Formation Families,
For many of you, today marks the final day of summer with school beginning in some format tomorrow. We’re praying for a successful school year that brings back the connection of our children and families that we so desperately need right now.
Our faith formation leadership team and catechists have met numerous times in the past 6 weeks and we’ve been calling parents to check in with you. We’re excited to finally have a plan in place and are ready to share with you. Here is the general information about what’s to come.
- We’re offering a combined in-person, at-home, and virtual learning opportunity this year for all grade levels (K5-10th grade)
- Elementary/Middle School students (K5-7th grade) will be meeting in-person at the Tri-Parishes Center/Holy Family Church. High School students will meet in person at St. Columbkille on opposite weeks of the lower grade levels. Specific dates will be outlined in our calendar.
- Participants will each have a workbook/text for at home use to be supplemented with online content, in-person classroom meetings, and a parent guide for families with multiple grade level students. We are using the Be My Disciple series from RCL Beninger Publishing Company. High School Students will be utilizing the Catholic Faith Handbook and receive a syllabus for the entire year.
- Zoom meetings, when utilized, will be brief – usually about 20 minutes.
- Parents will receive regular communication outlining week-by-week topic/focus, workbook assignments, assessments, in-person classroom dates, and options for choosing activities related to the monthly topic.
To prepare for the faith formation year, we will be providing in-person detailed instructions for parents on how to access the resources we’ll be using online. Fees for this year remain the same ($20/student and a maximum of $60/family). Please choose one of the following dates to attend a training and register your family for classes. Wednesday, September 23rd, 6:15 pm at Holy Family Church or Sunday, September 27th, following the 10 am Mass at Holy Family.
Our goal this year is to walk alongside parents as the primary educators of the faith for their children. Working together to that end will benefit everyone of us.
Feel free to call (920)927-3102, email ([email protected]) or text (920) 210-1865 if you have questions.
Connie Caine John Pryme Fr. Mike Erwin
DRE Dir. Youth & Young Adult Ministry Pastor