Wherever you are on your faith journey, the communities of Clyman, Elba, and Reeseville welcome you to our 3 parishes. We are 3 small parishes who rely mostly on volunteer work to accomplish ministry and maintenance work. Our parishes missions are to have a movement of growing disciples of Jesus Christ committed to loving God, loving others, and making disciples. Orthodox in our Roman Catholic faith, we seek to creatively serve the New Evangelizaation, by bringing the unchurched in our community to Christ.
Urgent Notice to all our Parishioners
Regarding the Parishes of: St. Katharine Drexel, Beaver Dam: St. John the Baptist, Clyman; Holy Family, Reeseville; St. Columbkille, Elba.
- The extremely high numbers of COVID infections in Dodge County (900+ per week for the past two weeks) and 45% positive test
- The extremely high death numbers: 8 per week for the past two
- The high probability of the same for the foreseeable future resulting in more than 50 more deaths by the end of the year (or perhaps as high as 100 more deaths).
I have decided to declare a health emergency for our parishes. In order to mitigate this health disaster I am deciding:
- To lift the obligation to attend Mass for members of our parishes through the end of November. According to Canon 1245 I can dispense from Mass obligation for individual cases. Given the nature of this pandemic at this time in our area, all individuals are at risk for being adversely affected or spreading this disease to others who are even more vulnerable. All Catholics are still obliged to keep an hour of prayer, presumably with online opportunities, during this time period.
- We will continue our Mass schedule at our four parishes but with greatly reduced music and length of Masses.
- Our staff is strongly encouraged to work from home while logging the work they are
- Our Parish Center in Beaver Dam will be open on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings from 8:00-11:00, or by appointment. Please try to keep coordination of church services needed by phone with our parish offices.
- Our Faith Formation classes and parish meetings should be done on-line unless impossible to do otherwise.
- Our school at St. Katharine Drexel will go to a virtual schedule after Thanksgiving time, in coordination with the BDUSD, from November 30 to December 4, with plans to return to in-person instruction on December 7. If cases are determined to be present in our school, we will begin a virtual schedule sooner, having great confidence in our teachers to teach virtually.
Dodge County has one of the highest infection and death rates in the world. If the whole US had our rates, it would see 250,000 additional deaths by the end of the year. We are ground zero to this threat, please stay at home, or if in public with great social distance and masks.
Fr. Michael Erwin
Moment of Encounter
To listen, hover and click on the links below.
Links for Online Masses
Click on the green highlighted titles to go to the site and view.
Two Sunday Masses at the Cathedral will still be celebrated but without an assembly. The 9 a.m. Mass is available on Radio 920 AM, WOLF, and the 11 a.m. Mass is live-streamed on the Cathedral website: Cathedral Mass Link. Other TV Masses are available on WVTV, My24 at 7 a.m. and 9 a.m., and on WITI Fox 6, at 5:30 a.m.
Daily Mass is aired on EWTN at 7 am, 11 am and 6 pm. EWTN Daily Mass Link
Ascension.com will live stream Mass celebrated with Fr. Mike Schmitz at 9 am on Sunday morning. Sunday Mass on Ascension.com
Bishop Robert Barron celebrates daily mass available online at 7:15 am each morning. Word on Fire
NO Masses online or in person on Tuesday, November 24th. See the links for online masses.
Daily Masses at the Tri Parishes
- Tuesdays - 4:30 pm at St. John the Baptist, Clyman
- Wednesdays - 5:30 pm at Holy Family, Reeseville
- Thursdays - 7:00 pm at St. Columbkille, Elba
Adoration will return to it's regular scheduled time on Thursdays from 6-7 pm at St. Columbkille. Social distancing measures and 25% building capacity limits remain in effect.
** If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or if you have a health condition that makes you susceptible to serious respiratory infection, PLEASE STAY HOME.
Live Stream Masses will continue on the schedule in place, 8:20 am Monday - Friday, 4:30 pm on Saturdays.
Click for today's 8:20 am live stream Daily mass: Daily Mass live stream - Monday, November 23, 2020