Meet Our Priests
Hello everyone, I am happy that the Holy Spirit through the Archdiocese has called me to add the Tri-Parishes onto my pastorate at St. Katharine Drexel in Beaver Dam. The Tri-Parishes have wonderful members and staff that care deeply for the parishes and have been very helpful to me in transition.
Fr. Erick Cassiano-Amaya will be the associate pastor and Fr. John Yockey is a recently retired priest from Oconomowoc who will also say many masses and is willing to provide scripture study, and many other gifts to this endeavor. We welcome Anthony Crescio as youth/young adult minister to the four parishes at this time as well. All together we will make progress on our mission statement to equip disciples to love our neighbors.
A little history about me.
- I grew up in Waterford, WI (in western Racine County) inside a massive family who specialized in construction, nursing, farming and teaching.
- I am the 3rd of 8 wonderful children of Bill and Rosie Erwin who are alive, mostly well and eager to visit.
- St. Thomas Aquinas was my elementary school and Waterford Public High School rounded out my original education.
- At UW-Madison I picked up a degree in Dairy Science as I prepared for my first plan of going into Veterinary School.
- Then God called me into seminary where I graduated in 1993, took a break and worked in the inner city of Milwaukee and Rockford Illinois in evangelization before coming back to be Ordained a Priest on May 16, 1998.
- My parishes of service have included St. Joseph in Waukesha, St. Robert in Shorewood and my previous pastorate at St. Alphonsus in New Munster and St. John the Evangelist in Twin Lakes for a total of eight years.
- Beaver Dam has been my new home since June of 2010; and now it appears God is going to let me keep growing in my love for beautiful Dodge County for many years to come.
Please feel free to call my office in Beaver Dam at any time at 920-887-2082 ext. 102. If you have an emergency, please call my cell phone at 262-206-6987. My e-mail address is [email protected]. Connie and Kathy at the Tri-Parish office are in regular contact with me to help make any other arrangements. Tuesday mornings at 10:00 I am regularly at the Holy Family Office. The two offices are only15 minutes away, so I am happy to travel whenever it would be of help.
Fr. Mike Erwin